Baldur’s Gate 3 is undeniably the epitome of RPG gaming. Larian Studios has masterfully crafted a colossal world with an overwhelming number of choices for players. If, like me, you have been captivated by Baldur’s Gate 3, then you must be eagerly anticipating any news about updates. Today, the game has received its fourth post-launch patch—a hotfix that brings significant combat changes and fixes various bugs.
As discussed in our comprehensive review of Baldur’s Gate 3, Larian Studios has left no stone unturned in providing a vast array of content for the DnD-style game. However, the team has not rested since its launch and has tirelessly worked on this patch to address several crashes, bugs, flow issues, and even the odd behavior of companions who insist on sleeping too much. But that’s not all.
Depending on your chosen class and difficulty level, combat in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be quite challenging. Sometimes, when you’re engrossed in the captivating storyline, a sudden battle can disrupt the mood due to bugs or other glitches. One of the noteworthy sections in the patch notes of Baldur’s Gate 3 focuses on combat changes.
Considering the recent unveiling of the Baldur’s Gate 3 roadmap, we can expect further adjustments to combat and other aspects in the near future. In the meantime, this patch has eradicated several game-breaking bugs and enhanced the overall flow of the game’s script. Furthermore, players who enjoy cheating or modding their game (yes, we are aware of you, individuals seeking to surpass level 12) will be pleased to know that this hotfix has resolved certain leveling issues.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch Notes—Hotfix Update—Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Fixed the issue of players getting stuck mid-Long-Rest due to unresponsive companions.
- Fixed the ability to perform a Long Rest in the Astral Prism, which could lead to the portal disappearing.
- Fixed the problem of Orin being pulled from her location in the Temple of Bhaal if the door was opened before killing Gortash in Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Resolved a script issue that prevented some players from loading save games.
- Fixed characters disappearing when disconnecting and reconnecting in split-screen mode.
- Added a warning in multiplayer mode, where hosts must grant approval for new players to join when using the drop-in feature during Character Creation.
- Ensured visibility of multiplayer servers on GOG.
- Slightly increased Isobel’s HP to improve her survivability.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Gortash to join combat in Wyrm’s Rock’s Audience Hall while he was in his office upstairs.
- Fixed the issue of Cruel Sting causing infinite additional Psychic damage to attacks.
- Rectified the problem where the ‘Enemy of the Absolute’ crime would not clear from player characters, resulting in a soft block when speaking to the Steel Watch.
- Fixed the game incorrectly registering the death of the Emperor in the Astral Prism when a downed ally was revived.
- Restored player resources correctly at the end of Act 2.
- Dead party members no longer prevent entry into the Astral Prism.
- Fixed a bug that prevented interaction with Ravengard if he was moved to the camp in a particular case.
- Ensured that hostages in the Iron Throne are no longer stuck if the player turn back and return.
- Players with modded or cheated save games featuring characters at Level 13 or above can now travel to the House of Hope.
- Killing Anders will no longer result in the departure of other paladins from the Tollhouse.
These are the fourth hotfix update’s Baldur’s Gate 3 patch notes. For a comprehensive understanding of the combat changes and other adjustments, you can review Larian Studios’ complete list on Steam.
If you’re thrilled about this Baldur’s Gate 3 update and craving more content, consider exploring other remarkable Dungeons & Dragons games that offer similar enjoyment. Alternatively, if you encounter any in-game difficulties that the patch cannot resolve, you may find some assistance in our explanations of Baldur’s Gate 3 quests.
Denial of responsibility! TechCodex is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.