Baldur’s Gate 3 developer Larian has made big changes to the game as part of the latest update. The first official Baldur’s Gate 3 update since launch (previous downloads have been minor hotfixes), Patch #1 makes literally thousands of balance tweaks, gameplay improvements and bug fixes across the entire game. In fact, the new update is so extensive that Larian couldn’t even publish the full list of patch notes on Steam!
The patch was announced by Larian on Twitter, alongside a preview of what fans can expect from the big new download.
“Patch #1 is now live for Baldur’s Gate 3, addressing over 1000 bugs, glitches, and blockers,” reads a Larian tweet.
“An update so large it actually exceeded Steam’s text limit.”
As you can see from the patch notes below, the new update makes gold bounties more generous, increases HP bonus in Explorer Mode, and stops NPCs attacking players when it’s not their turn.
Elsewhere, Traders who stock dyes now also stock dye remover, and Lady Esther is now available to trade with after you’ve completed her quests.
There are one or two minor spoilers contained within the patch notes below, although nothing that should ruin the experience.
Baldur’s Gate 3 update 1 patch notes….
• The Emperor will no longer leave you stranded in the Morphic Pool.
• Starting to use the boat to go to the Morphic Pool, sending that character to camp, and then using another character to make the journey will no longer block you from progressing.
• Fixed a bug where listening in on a conversation as Player 1 and then exiting the dialogue prematurely could result in not being able to interact with anything anymore.
• Fixed an issue causing the Reaction UI to not work correctly and potentially block progress in combat if you save the game in the middle of a reaction.
• Fixed loot in corpses sometimes not appearing in multiplayer until an item is dragged onto the corpse.
• Fixed a bug causing you to get a Game Over screen after helping Downed party members.
• Fixed the Helm of Arcane Acuity crashing the game. The condition is now capped to 7 stacks.
• Attacking an NPC during a dialogue after being Downed will now get you arrested rather than giving you a Game Over screen.
• Fixed an issue where characters could get stuck in an infinite falling loop.
• Fixed an issue with Marcus being resurrected by players hitting him with a dual-wield attack – the second hit will no longer revive him.
• Made gold bounties more generous in several containers across the game.
• Increased players’ HP bonus in Explorer Mode from +50% to +100%.
• Fixed the Freecast tadpole power to properly reset on Long Rest. It was creating infinite spell slots and Sorcery Points for sorcerers.
• Arcane Tricksters’ Mage Hand Legerdemain now does not expire until destroyed, and does not lose Invisibility on Long Rest.
• You can no longer have multiple Mage Hands active at the same time.
• The Shield reaction can no longer be used while Silenced.
• Fixed not being able to create 5th Level spell slots from Sorcery Points.
• College of Lore bards can now pick which additional skill proficiency they receive. Bards that are already of the College of Lore need to respec to get this choice.
• Made sure proper spell DC is applied during multiclassing.
• Added spells to bards’ Magical Secrets feature: Banishing Smite, Animate Dead, Crusader’s Mantle, Hunger of Hadar, Revivify, Sleet Storm, Rage of Enfeeblement, Web, Entangle, Hunter’s Mark, Sanctuary, Thunderous Smite, Bone Chill, Eldritch Morphic Blast, Fire Bolt, Ray of Frost, Sacred Flame.
• The Club of Hill Giant Strength now increases Strength to 19 and not some puny 15.
• Fixed a bug with ranged enemies reapplying Hunter’s Mark constantly, even when not needed.
• Warlocks’ Pact of the Chain summons now get to use their Extra Attack more than once.
• Fixed NPCs sometimes spotting you even if they’re not supposed to be able to.
• Fixed an issue where multiple rolls trigger if you walk along the edge of a cone of vision.
• Danse Macabre ghouls will no longer kill you when you Long Rest.
• If you make a successful Saving Throw against a poison, you will now gain immunity to that specific poison for 2 turns.
• Grym, the Protector of the Forge, now deals more damage in Tactician Mode.
• Meenlocks are now immune to the shadow curse.
• Increased the HP and AC of Orin.
• Lorroakan can no longer cast his signature reaction spell, Elemental Retort, when silenced.
• Helped Minthara remember how to use her weapons.
• Fixed enemies targeting you from above through the ceiling in the Gauntlet of Shar.
• Enabled trespass warnings for any additional characters that trespass after the first instead of immediately triggering combat.
• Fixed NPCs attacking outside of their turn when combat starts during forced Turn-Based Mode.
• Fixed dialogue notifications, like approval ratings and roll results, disappearing too early.
• The Launcher will now remember whether you chose DX11 or Vulkan.
• Fixed the incorrect amount of gold being displayed in all UI menus if the amount is too large.
• Fixed spells like Hex randomly shifting in order, causing you to misclick if you’re moving and clicking around intuitively.
• Fixed players who are merely listening in on a dialogue being able to skip lines – only the speaker can now do this.
• Fixed an issue with Camp Supply values for the second local player in multiplayer if they joined during a game. Long Rests will, alas, no longer cost nothing.
• You can no longer interact with another player’s inventory (e.g. send multiselected items or use their items) if their inventory is locked.
• Fixed the critical hit text sometimes not appearing.
• Improved the performance of the minimap when new map markers appear or old ones disappear.
• Dyed armour will now appear in the right colour in the Level Up screen.
• Halsin’s Wild Shape tooltip will now correctly call him a cave bear.
• Fixed the modesty filter not working on dragonborns.
• Fixed earrings on tiefling female strong character models.
• Added a Controller Style option, which allows you to override which controller’s icons are displayed.
• Fixed an issue causing the clown makeup to not only not appear on Lae’zel’s face when applied, but also remove her characteristic tattoos and makeup.
• Invoke Duplicity now works as an identical copy of your character. And they’re not naked.
• Fixed a leather helmet, a metal helmet, and the Helmet of Smiting floating on some character models.
• Undergoing partial ceremorphosis will now rot your teeth!
• Lae’zel’s underwear will now more accurately reflect the colour of dyes used on it.
LOOT AND TRADE
• Traders who stock dyes now also stock dye remover.
• Made Lady Esther available to trade with after you’ve completed her quests.
• Fish vendors now have more fish to sell. That new bait must be doing the trick!
• Popper the kobold at the circus now sells more oddities.
• Lady Jannath will now have artsy items to trade.
• Skeletons around the Selûnite Outpost no longer have fresh food in their inventory.
• Lohse’s portrait is now reachable, chief.
• Updated the credits and reformatted them into two neater columns.
• The Digital Deluxe DLC’s D:OS2 bard songs are now also granted to companions as well, instead of just player avatars.
• All the extra bard songs from the Deluxe Edition will now be available even if you use Lohse’s Lute of the Merryweather Bard from the Deluxe Edition.
• DLC rewards will no longer get removed if you load a save with that DLC not installed. Any rewards that were removed due to this will be restored.
• Steel Watcher idle sounds no longer take up streaming bandwidth.
• You can no longer climb the Shambling Mound.
• Optimised the walking bounds of Glut so that it navigates the world and the battlefield better.
Denial of responsibility! TechCodex is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.